There are two levels of the course. Level I is built for soon-to-be and new managers in engineering while Level II provides topics for experienced managers in engineering.
Level I - People Skills for Aspiring and New Managers (5 PDHs)
- Goal Setting & Decision Making
- Building Effective Communication Skills
- How to Build Expertise & Master Public Speaking
- Maximizing Productivity & Billability
- Networking & Relationship Building
Level II - Experienced Managers (4 PDHs)
- Goal Setting & Decision Making
- Opportunistic Leadership Through Engaging with Your Team Members
- How to Delegate Effectively Utilizing the Laugh Framework
- Conflict Resolution for Engineering Managers
Here’s an outline of how the program works. While we have several coaches and trainers involved in the program, our lead instructor Anthony Fasano, P.E. has not only helped thousands of engineers through his work as an engineering career coach, but he has been an effective engineering manager himself, so he knows what it takes...
- Once registered, enrollees receive a welcome message that will provide a schedule of the skill building sessions (with PDHs) or a date of when the schedule will be provided.
- The beginning of the first session includes a short orientation that reviews the session schedule, the coaches, and the technical tools of the program (i.e. webinar system, LMS, etc).
- Following the first session, enrollees are given access to the LMS where they can access the course materials.
- Over the five weeks, participants are given 4 to 5 (depending on Level I or II) live one-hour skill building sessions on the following topics outlined above. On-demand enrollees can access all of the sessions and start anytime at their own pace.
- Participants are asked to complete short assignments for each session online to help transfer the skills back-to-the-job.
- Enrollees may attend a group coaching call at the end of the course for additional Q&A opportunities
- Upon completion of their assignments, each enrollee will receive a certificate of completion which can be sent directly to their supervisor if desired and a digital certification. This is recommended to provide maximum accountability. Should they require PDH credits, they will have to complete the session evaluation after the course is finished as required by the PDH provider.
Are you ready to improve your team members’ people skills to help them transition from good to great!
For Project Teams Option (Teams must be enrolled by a firm):
- Instead of the individual track outlined above, for Level I only, corporations may enroll teams of 4 to 5 engineering professionals (not limited to engineers).
- Each team is assigned an engineering management/business project challenge, which is created by their firm.
- At the beginning of the first session, there will be a short orientation that reviews the session schedule, the coaches, and the technical tools of the program (i.e. webinar system, forum, etc).
- Following the first session, enrollees are given access to Teachable where they can access the workshop.
- Over the five weeks, students are given 5 live one-hour sessions (with PDHs) on the topics outlined above. Using the strategies from these sessions and the collaboration tools, they begin to brainstorm and craft solutions to their challenges.
- During the fourth and fifth weeks, the teams build their presentations and have access to our coaches through email and one group coaching call.
- Upon completion of the five weeks, the teams present their solutions to our coaches, forcing all the enrollees to present. Our coaches provide feedback, guidance, and recommendations for improving the presentations/solutions.
- The enrollees then use the feedback to improve their solutions and then present the solutions to their companies. The companies may or may not utilize the actual solution, but either way their professionals have now developed the confidence and skills they need to grow into successful engineering managers.
Are you ready to strengthen your engineers to become effective managers and successful leaders?