Ready for the next step in your engineering career?
Your technical expertise will
only get you so far!
To Move Up, You Must Have Management Skills
Engineering Leadership Accelerator
A Five-Week Course to Help You Master the Art of Management
- Want to improve your communication and management skills, but aren’t sure how to proceed…
- Want structure and accountability to grow as a leader...
- Are ready to take the next step in your engineering career…
...Then you’re in the right place.
You can build the skills you need
to be a successful engineering manager...
Most engineering management courses offer webinars or videos that you do on your own. However, we all know that engineering managers don’t work alone.
In just five weeks, the Engineering Leadership Accelerator will help you:
- Communicate more effectively with individuals and in team settings
- Build relationships that will result in better projects, more productive teams, and more business for your firm
- Present your ideas powerfully in front of an audience of any number of people
- Think creatively in an opportunistic way to help your firm and your clients grow
- Stay as productive and billable as possible while remaining valuable to your firm and customers
- Become an expert in your field, elevating you and your company
- Lead in a way that unites people towards a common goal
...All the skills you’ll need to take that next step to engineering management.
Our Next Class Is Starting Soon!
Engineers from these companies have participated in the
Engineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Course
“One of my biggest challenges in learning to be an engineering manager has been balancing managing projects versus managing people. The Engineering Leadership Accelerator Workshop integrates these two subjects elegantly, effectively teaching both essential communication strategies and basic business acumen.”
- Stephanie J. Kruep, S.E., P.E., SidePlate Systems, Inc.
This 5-week online workshop will teach you, inspire you, push you, and connect you to peers and coaches who will help you think like an entrepreneurial engineering manager.
Most importantly, you will build your confidence and realize that you have the abilities you need to create and present clear ideas that will drive positive change and growth for you personally, your firm, and your clients.
With five skill building sessions and personal assignments, the workshop takes 10 – 20 hours to complete, most of which can be done outside of normal business hours.
**Successful completion of the course earns 5 PDHs accepted in most US States.
"Participating in the Engineering Manager Accelerator Program, was highly valuable to me. Every day I review and utilize the tools and information that I received from Anthony’s lectures to help me meet my goals of performing as an Engineering Manager. It was time well spent."
- John Dumas, IPS-Integrated Project Services, LLC
The Skills You Need, Presented the Way You Learn Best
If you want to be an engineering manager — a leader who spearheads projects that positively impact our world — then you must have confidence and management skills.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to build the confidence and skills you need to transform into a leader that can drive massive growth.
The Engineering Leadership Accelerator course will force you to think in new ways and undertake assignments that will stretch you and help you build skills. In the process you’ll gain experience and confidence that will change your career and life forever.
ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED
“The Engineering Leadership Accelerator skill building sessions were very well prepared but also allowed for personalized advice. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions and receive thoughtful responses.”
- Michelle S. Young, P.E., P.P., C.M.E., Maser Consulting, P.A.
Not sure the Engineering Leadership Accelerator is for you? Try it risk-free. Your enrollment comes with an unconditional 100% money back guarantee.
(Start Anytime at Your Own Pace)
Live Skill-Building Sessions with Transfer Assignments
PROFESSIONAL LIVE + COACHING
Live Skill-Building Sessions with One Individual Coaching Call
Orientation Session: Introduction to People Management, Goal Setting & Decision Making [Level I and Level II] (1 PDH)
- Opportunity: The opportunities that good people management will bring to your success as well as the success of your firm.
- Goal setting: The importance of goal setting, both personally, and on your projects. You will learn how to utilize a three-step process to set effective goals that align with your and your company’s mission.
- Decision making: Important decisions need to be made every day in engineering, whether they be personal career decisions or integral project-related decisions. You will learn several decision-making processes, including one that can be utilized to make critical decisions in just minutes.
You must enroll in this course to access course content.
Level I – For Soon-to-Be and New Managers in Engineering*
Developing Effective Communication Skills for Engineering Professionals [Level I] (1 PDH)
- Understand the different forms of communication and when to use each of them,
- Communicate effectively with team members,
- Say things in a way that will help you get the response you are seeking,
- Listen more effectively (the key to communication), and
- Be responsive so people want to communicate with you.
You must enroll in this course to access course content.
Building Expertise and Mastering Public Speaking [Level I] (1 PDH)
- Build your expertise in the industry,
- Sharpen your goal and create a plan to achieve it with your presentation,
- Write your presentation and develop visuals that work,
- Deliver your presentation with confidence and power, and
- Continue to develop as a speaker
How to Network & Build Relationships for Engineering Professionals
[Level I] (1 PDH)
- Define networking and its importance,
- Start building lasting relationships,
- Determine with whom and where to network,
- Identify relationship opportunities,
- Create a networking plan,
- Overcome low confidence and language barriers, and
- Use social networking appropriately and effectively.
Time Management and Maximizing Productivity for Engineering Professionals [Level I] (1 PDH)
- Learn the 80/20 principle and how to apply it in your career and personal life,
- Create a routine that will increase productivity dramatically,
- Apply techniques that will increase your focus throughout the day, and
- Understand the relationship between billability and productivity
Level II – For Experienced Managers in Engineering*
Being the Best Engineering Leader You Can Be by Engaging the People You Lead [Level II] (1 PDH)
- Help you to realize that you are already a leader,
- Discuss the power of positivity in leadership,
- Provide strategies for seeing opportunities in every situation,
- Give recommendations for utilizing leverage and delegating the right tasks, and
- Discuss the importance of earning respect from your peers and how to best engage employees and maximize their potential.
How to Delegate Effectively to Stay Focused on Your Role as a Leader [Level II] (1 PDH)
- Help you learn to let go of the details as a manager,
- Provide strategies for breaking up tasks into smaller achievable ones that are easier to delegate,
- Help you to be able to clearly communicate your expectations,
- Give recommendations for gauging the progress of your direct reports, and
- Discuss the importance of supporting staff on the tasks you give them and also asking for feedback on your efforts.
Conflict Resolution – Different Approaches for Resolving Conflict Amongst Engineering Professionals [Level II] (1 PDH)
Conflict is a natural part of our interactions with others, especially in the world of engineering where we deal with large, complex projects, working on teams with many other people. Conflict happens on a regular basis, so as a manager, you must be prepared to deal with or better yet, resolve it.
- Discuss a 15-minute assessment that you can use to which will then help you discover the most appropriate uses for each conflict-handling mode in different situations.
- Provide strategies for handling high-stakes conversations amongst people of varying opinions,
- Give recommendations for utilizing dialogue to resolve conflict, and
- Discuss the five dysfunctions of a team from famed author Patrick Lencioni and how these dysfunctions factor into conflict resolution.
- PDHs are acceptable in all States except New York where only technical topics are permitted.
- These sessions are applicable to all engineering professionals NOT just engineers.
- The parameters for what managers should enroll in which level of the course are dependent on many factors and EMI will help your firm decide which level is best for each of your participants utilizing a short assessment.
Information for Your Supervisor
A copy/paste template to help you get the support of your supervisor or HR department in reimbursing The Engineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Course.
You can click here for a one-page PDF that you use to seek reimbursement from your company.
You can also use the following copy/paste template to help you get the support of your supervisor or HR department in reimbursing theEngineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Course.
Developing my engineering management skills is something I am highly interested in. Can we check out this new training from Anthony Fasano, PE from the Engineering Management Institute?
It’s called the Engineering Leadership Accelerator - People Skills Course, and it’s an online interactive program that teaches the essentials of becoming an effective engineering manager from building critical skills to improving my public speaking. It’s an intensive 5-week interactive experience made of skill building sessions and challenging assignments.
This program will help me build engineering management skills that I need to manage projects and clients more effectively. Previous coaching clients have said that EMI’s trainings have transformed the way they do business and see opportunities. Everything is learn-at-your-own-pace, so I can participate on my own schedule while still cranking at work.
The cost right now for individuals is $597 but may increase for future sessions. Would the company be willing to reimburse me for this training? We can also enroll a team of 4 to 5 people and work on a specific management challenge that our company is facing and present the challenge back to you.
Their homepage: www.engineeringmanagementaccelerator.com
This could be the training we’ve needed on our team right now. Looking forward to your decision.